Instagram Tara Gergacs

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Avatar" The New Top Grossing Film Of All Time



After ten showings, my best friend's Greenback stamps and my hard earned money, I never thought any movie would beat Titanic. Well, here we are twelve years later and Avatar sits at the top. I don't see this movie as a movie that should be at the top. I didn't feel connected to the characters like I did in Titanic or The Dark Knight (which earned a right to top Titanic). The only beauty is the visuals and the 3D experience. According to Comingsoon.net:


"After just 39 days in theaters, James Cameron's Avatar surpassed Cameron's own Titanic on Monday, January 25th at the worldwide (U.S., Canada and international) box office to become the highest-grossing film of all time. Avatar has reached $1,858,866,889 while Titanic earned $1,843,201,268 total."


So what do you think of this historical moment in film history?

No comments:

Post a Comment