Instagram Tara Gergacs

Thursday, June 17, 2010

"The A-Team" Gets An "A"


I remember the TV series, but just barely. I remember my brother calling me a "fool," the van and of course Mr. T's character B.A.. Otherwise, I went to see this movie with an open mind, probably more open than most fans and critics. I have to say, aside from some lousy special effects in some areas I really enjoyed the film.



This film worked because of the cast. Liam Neeson nailed the role of Hannibal. I don't know how good Hannibal was in the TV series, but I'm sure he wasn't as awesome as Neeson. As for B.A. played by Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson, I thought he was great in the infamous Mr. T role. Some critics aren't feeling Jackson's take on B.A., but as I always say anytime someone decides to make an adaptation or remake a film it will always be different. Bradley Cooper ( Face) and Sharlto Copley (Murdock) both add plenty of comedic relief, especially crazy Murdock.


Another "A" plus for the film is its almost wholesome. In a world of bad ass boys having tons of sex, killing people in gruesome ways and cussing every five seconds, The A-Team changes those stereotypes. The film does not revolve around sex, cussing and bloodshed. I found it quite refreshing in a world of f-bombs and sex.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this movie too; very fast-moving, and they really captured the feel of the show as best as possible. Plus the characters all had great chemistry - I was afraid this wouldn't work but I wasn't disappointed. Also I surprisingly liked Biel; I never cared for her much before this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about Jessica Biel. She wasn't as bad as I was expecting her to be.

    ReplyDelete