Instagram Tara Gergacs

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Star Trek" Proves to be Quite Spock-ful


Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Here is my Star Trek history. I don't have one. I believe it was two years ago when my boyfriend and I were watching an old Star Trek film when he had to tell me who Spock was. A movie reviewer who had no clue about one of the most prominent figures in pop culture. Well, that's in the past and I'm full of Spock-ful knowledge as I like to call it.


If you are a true "Trek" fan then this movie will be absolutely perfect. It is also good for the newbies who want to know the history of Kirk, Spock, Scotty and all the others whose names I'm still learning.


I can see why Rotten Tomatoes gave the film a 96% on the tomato meter. The special effects were solid and also did not dominate the entire film, the character development was substantial with background information and the acting did not come off as fake or too cheesy. It is very rare for a summer film to get good reviews.


I enjoyed it and it was nice to see a new cast in the roles that many know and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment