Instagram Tara Gergacs

Monday, February 24, 2014

A Small Thank You...


I have been influenced by many people in my life. My family, friends, professors and coworkers have all contributed to my success, and helped me achieve my goals. It’s very rare for someone I don’t know to have an effect on me.  Well, someone I don’t know has inspired me. The funny thing is I feel like I know him. I could easily hang out with him on my front porch, drinking a beer. For those who do not know who Norman Reedus is, please let me introduce you.

Yes, you can Google him and find his full filmography from The Boondock Saints to The Walking Dead.

Yes, you can read about and view his amazing photography.

Yes, you can follow him on Twitter.

These are all his amazing talents, but there’s so much more.

I met Norman this past October in Savannah, Georgia. The one thing that sticks out the most about meeting him was his patience. I have so much respect for someone who can deal with so many people day in and out. I work in retail management and my patience runs short. It may sound cheesy, but my coworkers look to me as a leader, as Norman’s fans look to him to be inspired. I couldn’t keep the similarities out of my mind.  It really helped me change my leadership style with my coworkers.

I know many fans post this, but I’m still shocked that he follows his fans on Twitter. For him to take the time to hit the follow button inspires millions. There could be that one fan across the country having a bad day, and he changes everything for that fan by following them. How can that not inspire or influence someone? I was one of those fans. I was working and studying so much, that I forgot what I loved. I love to write. So here I am, writing on my blog again.

So thank you Norman Reedus, for making me a better leader and allowing me to recognize my passion once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment