Instagram Tara Gergacs

Friday, January 7, 2011

"Tron Legacy" Has No Legacy

I was really excited to see this movie because of the hype surrounding it. I pictured flawless 3D, an amazing performance from Oscar winner Jeff Bridges and the fact that Disney rarely disappoints me. Well, I was disappointed...well appalled.

Here are my top five reasons NOT to see "Tron Legacy"


5) I've already seen "Star Wars" stop with the light show already.


4) Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde have absolutely no chemistry that it made me ill.


3) Jeff Bridges wasn't as badass as I wanted him to be. He was pretty boring.


2) The story felt very biblical. Kevin Flynn creates The Grid and life on it. He battles his own double, Clu, in order to protect it. Flynn's son, Sam, comes to The Grid and everything changes. I've seen this story over and over.


1) DO NOT tell your audience that half of your film is shot in 2D when you pay for full 3D admission. That's just bull shit.


Now, granted I didn't enjoy the movie and had many gripes about it I do have one positive. The music by Daft Punk was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment