Instagram Tara Gergacs

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Shutter Island" An Amazing Mind Journey


So far this is one of the best movies I've seen all year.


Let me start with the story. This is the kind of film where I can only tell a little because I might spoil the ending. First of all, be prepared to wonder what in the world is going on because Martin Scorsese will keep you guessing until the end. I went into this film thinking to myself "yeah I'm going to figure this out before everyone else." Well, I didn't figure it out until close to the end. Scorsese has everything planned from particular images, people, places and things. It's just brilliant film making.


Leonardo DiCaprio has come a long way since his Titanic years. He's truly an excellent actor and I believe we will see a lot of him in the future. He's one of those actors who wants to change and try different roles. I was also surprised to see Mark Ruffalo in a decent supporting role playing Teddy's (DiCaprio's) partner. Ben Kingsley also gave a great performance as the main psychologist for the facility.


I highly recommend going to see this film. It's an amazing journey and it's fun to try and figure out the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment