Instagram Tara Gergacs

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Living in "Zombieland"

I had to convince myself to see Zombieland because after seeing Jesse Eisenberg in Adventureland I didn't think I would be able to deal with his Michael Cera persona. Well, I'm happy to say that I was wrong and Eisenberg gave a great performance. Zombieland is one of the best comedies of this year and here are my top five reasons why you should see it.

#5- The creativity of the characters names. We are used to characters having appropriate names. Well, in Zombieland appropriate names are prohibited. The only names that are used are city names to refer to where the characters are from. For example, the character names are Columbus (Eisenberg), Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson), Wichita (Emma Stone) and Little Rock (Abigail Breslin).


#4- Out of all the zombie movies in film history, there have never been rules. How many times do we shout "run" or "shoot it its not dead yet." We are finally given a set of rules in order to survive in Zombieland.

Rule #1- Cardio

Rule #2- Double Tap

Rule #3- Beware of Bathrooms

Rule #4- Buckle Your Seat Belt

There are plenty more, but these are the main ones. I liked the originality of this creative thought and found it quite refreshing.


#3- Bill Murray. Out of all the celebrities in Hollywood the group heads to Bill Murray's house. I don't want to give much away, but Murray gives a little extra to the hectic lifestyle of living in Zombieland.


#2- Woody Harrelson. This guy is freaking hilarious. There are so many "one liners" that he says throughout the film that will have people rolling on the floor. For example, "I haven't cried that hard since Titanic" and "I'm not good at goodbyes so that'll do pig that'll do."


#1- Rule #32-Enjoy the small things. In a world as crazy as Zombieland its good to take a minute and enjoy a Twinkie. I really liked this rule because it fits the film well and we should use it in our daily lives. Take a mintue from your crazy life and enjoy something small because in the end that may be all you have.


No comments:

Post a Comment